WASH and Water Governance
Syadul Bhalinatar Water Supply System under construction in Dhading district to provide clean water for 188 families. Photo by: Punit Raj Shrestha
To reduce poverty and marginalisation of vulnerable communities, we work to provide increased access to, and control over, ‘stream or spring source’ water resources on which their livelihoods depend. We empower communities so they can seek their rights and are capable to convince local and national governments to intervene and apply water governance mechanisms that are inclusive, gender sensitive and pro-poor as per the national policies.
Broadly, this programme is focused on providing:
- Access to water, sanitation and hygiene
- Pro-poor finance products for water system maintenance and technical solutions
- Water governance and policy change on improved water laws policies and regulatory systems for institutional accountability
Purnima: UK Support for Post Earthquake Recovery in Nepal
This project supports earthquake-affected communities by providing them with safe and adequate water to address the challenge of water insecurity and achieve systemic change for sustainable and equitable access to water and sanitation.
TROSA (Trans-boundary Rivers of South Asia)
The Trans-boundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) is a five-year (2017-2021) regional programme jointly implemented by Oxfam and its partners. The program brings together efforts to support the lives of communities (especially women) living along the Mahakali River basin. The project is implemented in Kanchanpur, Dadeldhura, Baitadi, and Darchula.
This project is implemented in Sarlahi and Rautahat districts to provide clean and safe drinking water to communities in Pidari Village and Fatuha Maheshpur by replacing 1500 contaminated shallow tube wells with a single, robust, hybrid-powered water system.
- Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO)
- Community and Rural Development Society Nepal (CARDSN)
- Action Nepal
- Forum for Community Upliftment System (FOCUS-Nepal)
- Prayatnashil Community Development Society (PRAYAS-Nepal)
- Tulsi Meher UNESCO Club (TMUC)
- Unification Nepal (UN)
- Bagmati Welfare Society Nepal (BWSN)
- Rural Development Centre Nepal (RDC)
- Nepal Enviornment and Equity Development Society (NEEDS)
- Rural Women’s Development and Unity Centre (RUWDUC)
- Rural Development and Environment Management Society (RUDES)
- Sankalpa Nepal